Idea for an Nostromo N52 for your right hand, with crappy photochop

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I was bored and playing with a freebie image editor and made this pic of a right hand controller I wish Belkin would make, what do you think?

I play wow using the N52te on my left hand and a Logitech trackball on my right and wish my right hand could do more than the trackball allows.

e5ddc157f0309a34511555a95e817aa0.jpg

Last edited:

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
its a good idea but I think its too niche for it to be realized

if the N52te hadn't been plagued with problems that kept it from truly taking off (a lot of people think the far clunkier original N52 was better), maybe there would have been better market penetration for game pads and thus more hope for ideas like this to flourish

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
One thing I thought of that could help it be more universal is if each hand had a dpad and trackball version, but then that could be seen as even more niche.

So, what if there was a form factor that was ambidextrous and the pod was available as either a dpad or trackball that could be attached to either the right or left side of the base?

Then I could buy 2 bases and buy a dpad pod and a trackball pod and set them up the way I like.

A truly universal controller for left and right handed people.

ronach

Oct 9, 1999
(a lot of people think the far clunkier original N52 was better)..oh my..I wouldn't have put it that way. My N52 and MX518 gameing combo work just fine together..thank you. Note..the MX518 has 2 xtra buttons that usually can be mapped to keys..not as versatile as a full blown right hand N52 mod..but available non the less to a gamer.

I think your idea would be great for those gamers who could handle the mental requirements of working two multibutton controllers simultaneously..not to mention a DPad & trackball thrown in. [ You are approaching fighter pilot territory here ] heh..I said approaching..let's not get our in-flight panties in a wad, guys.] Go for it Slacker..be a multi-millionaire..see if I care..hee.

Last edited: