Majano or ball anemone?

TheJag77

Clownfish
Hoping someone can help me with this one. Is it a majano that I need to get rid off? Or a ball anemone that I can keep? I have a few small one. If I need to get rid off, how to best do this and is there a predator route to take?
Thanks!
99b2e0a0297b912df2141b525dc81cab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's either, I think its a little bleached offspring of that rhodactis mushroom to the left of the picture.

Actually looks more like ricordea yuma if you have any of those.

Nick :)

I don't think it's either, I think its a little bleached offspring of that rhodactis mushroom to the left of the picture.

Actually looks more like ricordea yuma if you have any of those.

Thanks!
Don’t have ricordea Yuma in tank. It has been there for a while. Have a few in other place as well that look more translucent. Will get pic up later. But not a nasty?

23621c066d7710ec9d0ab978bdbb267e.jpg

There is 2 more on here, one next to Xenia bottom left and one in centre

We live in the artificial rock, kill everything that isn't a coral with fire generation...

If it was me, I'd say leave them be, 3 is hardly a plague, innocent until proven guilty. They're also quite attractive.

I suspect the rest of the replies will involve pouring some sort of corrosive substance on them.

We live in the artificial rock, kill everything that isn't a coral with fire generation...

If it was me, I'd say leave them be, 3 is hardly a plague, innocent until proven guilty. They're also quite attractive.

I suspect the rest of the replies will involve pouring some sort of corrosive substance on them.

Haha
They are quite pretty. Some Nice fluorescence as well. Only have a few and don’t think they are spreading fast. How big do they grow?

I'd agree with Nick and leave them be, but I'm not convinced that first one is a ball 'nem. Be interesting to see an updated pic in a six months time.

Tim

I'd agree with Nick and leave them be, but I'm not convinced that first one is a ball 'nem. Be interesting to see an updated pic in a six months time.

Tim

Would be nice if it is a Yuma...
will try to remember to update in few months time

Would be nice if it is a Yuma...
will try to remember to update in few months time

Please do :)

Although I have to admit - any sensible gambler would back Nick's ID'ing ability above mine... :blush:

A pic in a good few months should confirm one way or another anyway.

Tim

The first pic looks like a corynactis anemone but the other photos look like pseudocorynactis.

The first pic looks like a corynactis anemone but the other photos look like pseudocorynactis.

The ‘foot’ of the invert in the first pic looks fleshy rather than stony, but I’ll see how it grows. It looks like they are not majanos, which is what I initially feared.

Back