Aiptasia?

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am probably asking a dumb question because it clearly looks like it is!! :(
I have a snail with a huge one on its shell and then another one in a rock. I have not seen any more. Does it look like Aiptasia? If it does how can I remove it??
D693FF57-3F25-42A9-8A56-F8EB8331AD38.jpeg
28AD77A5-3BFB-48FC-9273-C149F7D9CB63.jpeg
859C8B2F-63F5-48EE-8B9C-EDF2B969384D.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Aptasia- yes. Get yourself a syringe and use either Lemon juice OR Kalwasser mixed with water into paste like consistency and inject into center(core) of the aptasia and watch it melt. No harm to water either.

1564939327214.png

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is definitely looks like Aiptasia. I'm dealing them myself in the tank. There are several different ways peppermint shrimp will eat them. I'm going to be trying f*Aiptasia by Frank's tank heard really good things about it.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this method?
It is a product that has been mentioned a lot on R2R, I've been researching how to get rid of Aiptasia because a tank i got has a massive outbreak in it. The link will take you to the website, looks like you just cover the Aipistia with the product.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptasia- yes. Get yourself a syringe and use either Lemon juice OR Kalwasser mixed with water into paste like consistency and inject into center(core) of the aptasia and watch it melt. No harm to water either.

1564939327214.png
Lemon wouldn’t hurt the snail? Lol I am scared

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Lemon wouldn’t hurt the snail? Lol I am scared
No, as long as you dont inject into snail. . .LOL. Just inject a small squirt into aptasia center. Iy will melt right down

nden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off flow, pull snail out. Take care of the aiptasia with whichever method you prefer outside of tank.

Frank's Tanks

1 of 3 F-Aiptasia Creators
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am probably asking a dumb question because it clearly looks like it is!! :(
I have a snail with a huge one on its shell and then another one in a rock. I have not seen any more. Does it look like Aiptasia? If it does how can I remove it??
D693FF57-3F25-42A9-8A56-F8EB8331AD38.jpeg
28AD77A5-3BFB-48FC-9273-C149F7D9CB63.jpeg
859C8B2F-63F5-48EE-8B9C-EDF2B969384D.jpeg
Hey, Eve! First of all, please know that there are NO dumb questions. Even the most experienced of us hobbyists are able to admit that we have some questions that we don't know the answers to. Others are so dumb that they think that they've learned enough and that they have all the answers and people like that are a danger to your aquarium! Your will to ask the questions will make you more knowledgeable than you can imagine!

As for the aiptasia, I would love to encourage you to at least try my product! It has been an incredible breakthrough for the hobby! I can't and I don't take full credit for the product. There are some other players in this. I assure you that the product is highly effective. It will not allow the anemones to send off spores that produce other nuisance anemones later. I don't know of a single product like this and prior to being a part of this, I have tried them all. I have been in the hobby for over 30 years....long before most but again, I don't know every aspect of this industry or this hobby. But one thing that I do know is that THIS product works! Am I boasting a bit because I have something to do with it's creation? Yes indeed!!
I have no reason to speak against any product or even another method. And I won't! All that I am saying is that THIS PRODUCT WORKS. I have never met any of the people who have given this product a great review. They aren't paid to say good things about the product. These are people, like so many others, who have tried products that didn't work long term and then tried this one. There are many ways to 'handle' issues that arise in our aquariums. But this has been the best defense for aiptasia that I have ever seen or used!

qstorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is definitely looks like Aiptasia. I'm dealing them myself in the tank. There are several different ways peppermint shrimp will eat them. I'm going to be trying f*Aiptasia by Frank's tank heard really good things about it.
DEFINITELY WORKS. I am fighting my infestation and I just used Franks product and it killed all that I applied it to. My tank is 220 and it so bad, I decided to go with Kleins Butterfly fish...came in this morning and with in 30 mins, it started eating the Aiptasia.

Brittany Marie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, as long as you dont inject into snail. . .LOL. Just inject a small squirt into aptasia center. Iy will melt right down

I did this method with my first saltwater tank 10 years ago, but actually injected with a diabetic needle/syringe, it worked great! Not so much with my current system...they came back after a few days. Aipstasia-X has worked pretty well

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Eve! First of all, please know that there are NO dumb questions. Even the most experienced of us hobbyists are able to admit that we have some questions that we don't know the answers to. Others are so dumb that they think that they've learned enough and that they have all the answers and people like that are a danger to your aquarium! Your will to ask the questions will make you more knowledgeable than you can imagine!

As for the aiptasia, I would love to encourage you to at least try my product! It has been an incredible breakthrough for the hobby! I can't and I don't take full credit for the product. There are some other players in this. I assure you that the product is highly effective. It will not allow the anemones to send off spores that produce other nuisance anemones later. I don't know of a single product like this and prior to being a part of this, I have tried them all. I have been in the hobby for over 30 years....long before most but again, I don't know every aspect of this industry or this hobby. But one thing that I do know is that THIS product works! Am I boasting a bit because I have something to do with it's creation? Yes indeed!!
I have no reason to speak against any product or even another method. And I won't! All that I am saying is that THIS PRODUCT WORKS. I have never met any of the people who have given this product a great review. They aren't paid to say good things about the product. These are people, like so many others, who have tried products that didn't work long term and then tried this one. There are many ways to 'handle' issues that arise in our aquariums. But this has been the best defense for aiptasia that I have ever seen or used!
Hi, thank you! I didn’t want to use anything in the tank, I get extremely nervous lol but I read what everyone has been saying and I will give it a try since the lemon juice didn’t seem to work . I am going to order it right now since they are multiplying by the minute!!!! Is there an specific website where I should order it? I want to make sure is the real stuff lol

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1564939327214.png
So I tried this and it didn’t work, it just got back into the rock and this morning there are 5 more!!! I will be trying F aiptasia, hopefully that works

Thirdeyesight17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Enjoy it works like a charm.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Enjoy it works like a charm.
Thank you so much!! I will get it right now!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I tried this and it didn’t work, it just got back into the rock and this morning there are 5 more!!! I will be trying F aiptasia, hopefully that works
Did you take syringe right into center of the aptasia? My success rate is 100%

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back