Razer Nostromo vs Belkin N52TE?

Permabanned
I was just wondering, on the offchance someone has used both of these gamepads or knows about them...are there any physical differences between these two?

I have a N52TE but I was wondering if the Nostromo has a nicer key action, especially for the spacebar.

I understand the Nostromo has some weaknesses in the software compared to the Belkin but I'm not bothered about that.

Thanks.

Permabanned
OP
the nostromo...

KB-064-RA_34414_350.jpg

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-064-RA&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=

the n52te...

11464360.jpg

They look identical but I've read in a few places that the nostromo has better key response and feel. Thats the only thing that lets the belkin down, the response feels slightly slow and the feel is not great.

Anyone know if the razer would be a worthwhile upgrade for better key response and feel?

The belkin has just been kept in my drawer for years, so not like it would make the belkin a waste of money as I've never used it. Yeah that doesnt make much sense.

Last edited:
Soldato
my nostromo arrived today.

having to use 1.3 drivers atm as 2.05 doesnt work in windows 8. just says no nostromo plugged in.

appart from tht have been using it for bf3 and wow. response is brill. more comfortable than a keyboard.

deffo a good upgrade

Permabanned
and how do you come to that conclusion, Because I like a Belkin product?

nob.

I read it wrong, I thought you were knocking the Belkin as cheap. My bad. Sorry if I caused you any offence or hurt your feelings.

They are the same product, just different branding, the Belkin was referred to as the Nostramo at one point in product listings, until they changed the name.

Last edited:
Associate
I have both the nostromo and the n52te. Although they are basically the same exterior, inside they couldnt be more different. The n52te has on board memory so it can store your profiles so you can use it on any machine without drivers. The nostromo is purely software based and ****** software at that. I would swap my nostromo for the n52te in a heartbeat.

Associate
I have the Razer and the N52 (both on my desk as we speak but only the Razer is plugged in!). The N52te is as I gather basicaly the N52 mechanically.

Differences are that the Razer has a much nicer key action (reason I bought it as the Belkin was sticking); less lag on the 8-way toggle; adjustable (well two settings anyway!). Software is fine although it doesn't highlight the on screen 'button' when you push the actual buton itself which makes setting up profiles a bit harder than the original N52.

Ii never bought a N52te due to the bad feedback people gave it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom