1. Eligibility: The Doodle 4 Google competition (the “Competition”) is open to all pupils within the Singapore Ministry of Education public school system, and all private schools, within the following age categories: 4-6, 7 - 9, 10 - 12, 13 - 15 and 16 - 18. The competition excludes employees (and their families) of Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. and any of its affiliates, as well as representatives or agents of Google or other persons professionally connected with the 'Doodle 4 Google' competition. Persons who are (1) residents of US embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria), (2) ordinarily resident in such countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programmes may not participate in this contest. In order to enter the Competition, you agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). The Rules consist of the terms and conditions on this page and the Entry Form (“Competition Materials”).
2. Competition Period: The Competition begins at 06.00am (SGT) on April 23, 2015 and ends at 06:00pm (SGT) on June 8, 2015.
3. How to Enter: Entrants will either submit their Google doodles on the theme ‘Singapore, the next 50 years' to their schools, who will then submit doodles to be sent to Google, or entrants will submit doodles directly to Google by post or via the main Doodle 4 Google website (www.google.com.sg/doodle4google). Google will not accept entries by any other route. Competition materials and instructions on how to participate in the Competition, create doodles, and submit entries will be on the Website. All physical entries must be sent by mail to the Competition submission address indicated on the Website (Doodle 4 Google, Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., 8 Marina View, Asia Square 1 #30-01, Singapore, 018960). Only submissions mailed to this address will be accepted as valid. No entries will be accepted once judging starts. Entries received after judging starts will not be eligible for entry into the Competition. Entries submitted into the wrong age groups will be disqualified. Google accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused.
4. Doodle requirements: The Doodle and supporting statement must meet the following criteria (“Doodle Requirements”):
- They must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Competition.
- They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable laws and regulations.
- They must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Competition, as determined by Google, in its sole discretion.
- They must be original, unpublished works that do not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
- They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- The Doodle is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
- The Doodle is two-dimensional and scannable.
During the Competition Period, Google, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the Doodles and supporting statements to ensure that they meet the Doodle Requirements. Google reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits a Doodle and supporting statement that does not meet the Doodle Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
5. Judging and Selection of Winners: Doodles will be judged in the following age groups: 4-6, 7 - 9, 10 - 12, 13 - 15 and 16 - 18. All doodle entries will be submitted to Doodle 4 Google, Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., 8 Marina View, Asia Square 1 #30-01, Singapore, 018960, or uploaded directly to the D4G site, www.google.com.sgy/doodle4google. Google employees will then shortlist 20 doodles per age group, according to the following judging criteria: (A) artistic merit, (B) creativity, (C) theme communication and (D) appropriateness of the supporting statement. Google’s panel of expert judges will then select the best 5 doodles from each of the age group categories. The shortlisted doodles will then be put to the public vote to select the winner in each age group. The doodle team will then select one Overall Winner from the 5 age group finalists selected by the public, that best represents the theme 'Singapore, the next 50 years'.
6. Prizes: The Overall Winner will win a trip to the Google headquarters in Mountain View, California to meet the doodle team, and also have his or her Google doodle displayed on the Google homepage in Singapore for 24 hours on Singapore's National Day on August 9th, 2015. The winners of the age group categories will win a Google goody bag.
8. Media Activity: Google reserves the right to use the Google doodles in any manner it sees fit (including with or without attribution) within future internal or external Google communications. The doodles may also be used for press and media purposes and you agree to waive any moral rights and to not assert any other intellectual property rights that you have or may have in the doodle. Google reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of winners and their school information on its website www.google.com.sg/doodle4google or through other media for publicity purposes. On entering into the Competition, you agree to be involved in media activity or other promotional activity regarding the Competition. Google will contact you in advance to seek your permission if any media request interviews with the winning doodler/class. When you enter each pupil's doodle you will be asked to tick a box informing us you have received consent from the parents/guardian of each pupil (or in the case of pupils 18 years of age and above only, from the pupil him/herself) to the use and disclosure of personal data as outlined in these terms and conditions.
9. Intellectual Property: In submitting a Google doodle each entering pupil, their parent/guardian and teacher warrant that he/she is the owner of the Google doodle and the intellectual property in it and that all components of their artwork and supporting statement are indeed original creations. Any intellectual property infringement, misuse or plagiarism of another person’s work in any form or state in Google’s opinion will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of eligibility to receive all awards, recognition and prizes. Each pupil,their parent/guardian and teacher also consent to his/her Google doodle being used in the manner set out in these terms, or (where the entrant is not the owner) that he/she has obtained the consent of the owner(s) to use it in the manner set out in these terms without any further compensation.
10. No Recourse to judicial or other procedures: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Competition are hereby excluded, and you acknowledge and agree, and expressly waive any and all such rights.
11. Limitation of liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Google at all times from and against all liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omissions by you and or a breach of any warranty by you detailed herein to the maximum extent permitted by law. You indemnify and agree to keep indemnified Google at all times from and against any liability, actions, claims, demands, losses, damages costs and expenses for or in respect of which Google will or may become liable by reason of or related or incidental to any act, default or omission by you under these rules including without limitation resulting from or in relation to any breach, non-observance, act or omission whether negligent or otherwise, pursuant to those rules by you. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to hold Google, its respective Directors, Officers, Employees and assigns harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Competition and/or use or acceptance of any prize won.
12. General Conditions:
- Google is not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing of the offer, administration of the Competition, or in the announcement of the prizes.
- Google accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused.
- Google is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, including your school that might prevent you from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Competition.
- Entries submitted will not be returned. One entry per student.
- Google's and/or any judge’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to such decision.
- Google reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant that violates the Competition rules or that adversely affects the fairness or the legitimate operation of the Competition.
- There is no cash alternative and the prizes must be taken as offered. Google reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the prizes become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept their prize then Google reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
- Potential prize winners may be required to sign, notarise, and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Google. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of Singapore and the Singapore courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute arising in relation thereto.
13. Internet: Google is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. Google is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Competition materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. Google is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to display Competition materials on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Competition, Google reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
14. Promoter and Data Controller:
Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. 8 Marina View #30-01, Asia Square 1, Singapore 018960